Create extra income for yourself while supporting the athletes of today and tomorrow.
With the recent increase in payment rates, now is a good time to create a charitable gift annuity (CGA) with Special Olympics.
If you are considering a gift annuity or other type of life income gift, we recommend consulting with both Special Olympics and your advisor to select the gift that’s right for you.
“My charitable gift annuity is a win/win gift: Special Olympics receives a contribution for its future use, and I receive a yearly “bonus check” for my contribution. I receive a great deal of self-satisfaction when I make a contribution to such a compassionate, deserving organization as Special Olympics.”
– Ted Schriefer, member of The Champion’s Society®
Charitable Gift Annuities
You can donate cash or securities worth $10,000 or more to Special Olympics and receive tax benefits and fixed annual, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly payments for life in return.
Here’s how it works:
- You irrevocably donate $10,000 or more in cash or appreciated securities to Special Olympics.
- You and/or an additional beneficiary receive fixed annual payments for life at a very attractive rate based on the age of the beneficiaries.
- You can begin receiving payments immediately (if you are 65 or older) or defer payments for a year or more.
- You are eligible for an immediate tax deduction. If you donated appreciated assets, you may save on capital gains taxes as well.
- The principal passes to Special Olympics after the lifetime of the income beneficiaries.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
You can donate cash or appreciated securities (minimum of $100,000) to Special Olympics and receive payments for life, or for a fixed number of years, in return.
Benefits to you include:
- You avoid paying capital gains tax on sales of appreciated stock and real estate.
- Convert the full value of stock into a lifetime income stream.
- Receive a significant charitable income tax deduction.
- Remove assets from your taxable estate.
We would be happy to provide you with a personalized illustration of the rates and benefits you might receive with a life income gift. To receive your personalized illustration, please contact Connie Grandmason at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (202) 536-5541.