Create extra income for yourself while supporting the athletes of today and tomorrow.
If you are considering a gift annuity or other type of life income gift, we recommend consulting with both Special Olympics and your advisor to select the gift that’s right for you.
“I make a gift, and in return, I receive fixed income for life. I am sold on CGAs as the ideal gift to Special Olympics!”
– Thomas Hamm, member of The Champion’s Society®
Charitable Gift Annuities
You can donate cash or securities worth $10,000 or more to Special Olympics and receive tax benefits and fixed annual, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly payments for life in return.
Here’s how it works:
- You irrevocably donate $10,000 or more in cash or appreciated securities to Special Olympics.
- You and/or an additional beneficiary receive fixed annual payments for life at a very attractive rate based on the age of the beneficiaries.
- You can begin receiving payments immediately (if you are 65 or older) or defer payments for a year or more.
- You are eligible for an immediate tax deduction. If you donated appreciated assets, you may save on capital gains taxes as well.
- The principal passes to Special Olympics after the lifetime of the income beneficiaries.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
You can donate cash or appreciated securities (minimum of $100,000) to Special Olympics and receive payments for life, or for a fixed number of years, in return.
Benefits to you include:
- You avoid paying capital gains tax on sales of appreciated stock and real estate.
- Convert the full value of stock into a lifetime income stream.
- Receive a significant charitable income tax deduction.
- Remove assets from your taxable estate.
We would be happy to provide you with a personalized illustration of the rates and benefits you might receive with a life income gift. To receive your personalized illustration, please contact Connie Grandmason at email@example.com or by calling (202) 536-5541.